CALL TODAY: (682) 312-5295
Portable fire extinguishers provide a first line of defense against fires of limited size. Fire extinguishers should be readily accessible and fully functional for immediate use. Since all fire extinguishers are not created equal, it is vital to have the proper size and agent when needed to minimize damage. Properly maintained fire extinguishers operated by trained personnel save lives and prevent property damage.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and state fire code, fire extinguishers shall be maintained annually and inspected monthly. Our technicians will ensure that you have the right extinguisher for the hazard being protected, and that the quantity of extinguishers and the distance between them meet the required code. We also carry monitored fire extinguishers that electronically check for pressure, the existence of the device, and to confirm there is no obstruction. You will be notified as soon as the extinguisher is removed from service whether intentional or accidental.
All commercial businesses have fire extinguishers and Impact has a program designed to meet your requirements. Portable units require annual maintenance and monthly inspection. Many of our customers have us train their employees to perform the monthly quick check and we provide the annual maintenance, recharges, and testing as necessary. Some of our customers want us to take care of the entire program, and we have the personnel and the cost-effective plan to meet your needs. Our preventative maintenance program (PM) can ensure you are compliant and ready for any emergency.
D&H TECHNOLOGIES CAN MANAGE YOUR FIRE EXTINGUISHER PM PROGRAM WITH:
- Simplified pricing
- Annual PM service
- Recharge service
- Hydrostatic testing
- Service for all types of fire extinguishers
- Inventory management
- Maintenance on portable fire extinguishers.
EVERY 5 YEARS
- Hydrostatic test on carbon dioxide and water-based extinguishers.
EVERY 6 YEARS
- Maintenance on stored-pressure extinguishers.
EVERY 12 YEARS
- Hydrostatic test on stored pressure and cartridge-operated extinguishers.
- Determine if the extinguisher is properly hung with the proper manufacturers hanger
- Remove the extinguisher from its hanger
- Check the gauge pressure
- Check the condition of the gauge and its compatibility with the extinguisher
- Check the date of manufacture, last hydrotest & six-year maintenance date
- Check the valve and shell for damage or corrosion
- Remove the hose and check the threads, inspect the hose for cracks or splits, and inspect the condition of the discharge horn
- Check the valve opening for powder or any foreign matter
- Remove the extinguisher seal and locking pin and check the upper and lower handles
- Replace the locking pin and reseal the extinguisher
- For dry extinguishers, fluff the powder by turning the extinguisher
- Clean the extinguisher
- Check the condition of the hose/horn retention band at the side of the extinguisher
- Check the extinguishers classification and operating instructions legibility and properly tag the extinguisher
- Survey the hazard area to verify that the extinguisher classification corresponds with the hazard
- Check that the extinguisher is visible and unobstructed
- Replace the extinguisher on its hanger
- Deliver a complete report of the inspection explaining any deficiencies and recommending corrective action in accordance with recognized codes for care and maintenance
DURING AN INSPECTION, OUR IMPACT FIRE EXTINGUISHER TECHNICIANS WILL: